19 August, 2011

Conundrum


Yes, we are here, under one roof, at one address.  And, as you might guess, there is plenty of work yet to be done....
So here it is:   In the process of downsizing, which I'm delighted to do, we are faced with the fact that this house is smaller than the one we left behind in Nebraska.  Which is not a problem in general terms.  However, the specifics of making furniture fit, repurposing it, and just getting things put away will keep me occupied for some time to come.  Right now I'm frustrated by the fact that my cupboard shelves will not hold tall bottles and few of them are adjustable.   No, those are not my cupboards this image is courtesy of google.  As a consumer I prefer to buy certain things in the larger size to save a few pennies here and there.  Shampoo, EVOO, whatever.  That size won't fit.  There's no point in buying the larger size and transferring to a container that does fit because then I'd also, still need space to store the original or 2 of something else if I split the bottle which eliminates the gain I would otherwise enjoy from the aforementioned downsizing.   And the spiral continues:  if I relent, start buying smaller bottles of this, that, or the other thing, won't I run out more frequently, which means shopping more often, which, again, undermines our efforts to be responsible with our resources?


3 comments:

Valerie said...

It is always the unexpected little details that trip us up. Everything will work out. The good thing is that you have all of your belongings in one place!

On Second Street said...

gut your kitchen. :)

ilona said...

Gut the kitchen!? Now there's an idea...