23 November, 2014

Sunday Night

 
I baked an apple pie for some friends
earlier this evening and the fading
aroma is competing with
tonight's shrieking winds to put me in a
cozy frame of mind. 
I was actually on my way to bed
but the opportunity to cross one
more item from my list
was irresistible.
 
Our fall weather has taken a turn toward
winter which means
blankets and sweaters and coats
that would ordinarily not
make an appearance
for another month
have already been put into
 rotation.
 
These were my favorite shoes this fall: 
 
 fun and comfy, they've logged many miles.
 
These clogs from Dansko have 
proven to be a good choice
and have been perfect with jeans
or a skirt and tights.
 

Our flight to Paris leaves in less
than two weeks. 
My packing list has yet to be finalized.
The idea of being able to do laundry
tempts me to pack
light, very light,
 making every choice critical.
Or not. 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

Great shoes -- comfort with a flair! You must be getting so excited! Curious to see what you end up packing. . .