26 July, 2011

Great minds...



It was tempting, after a quick read through this morning's posts, to suppose that everyone was thinking of ... me!
The comments made by Duchesse fit in, not with my retirement, but with the prospect of starting over, redefining my role in this new place without completely discarding who I've been in the old place.  Pseu offered a refresher for casual wear beyond sweats, as well as links to a very timely look at hot weather solutions from Imogene.  I'll lift (and credit) a portion from Sal at Already Pretty that simplifies
 the idea of signature pieces: 
The quickest shortcut to unified personal style is to select and wear a few signature items. You may consider your watch or pendant necklace to be signatures, but this practice is most effective when the items in question are fairly large and noticeable, and exist within your wardrobe in several variations....I have multiple versions of these items already in my wardrobe, wear them often, AND! By wearing them across the board, no matter what the dominant influences in an outfit may be, I create continuity. If you find that solid-colored cardigans, ballet flats, and cuff bracelets are your signatures, do your best to deploy those pieces often and in multiple style contexts.

These women managed to touch on areas that have grabbed my attention as I navigate this transition/move.  Maybe they were thinking about you, too.



1 comment:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Thanks for the mention! I love helping people find a signature style.