18 October, 2011

Inquiring minds want to know

Naphtali asks if there are bows all over my house - now that I have learned to make them

The answer to that can be summed up in one word - no.  

But it is time to get busy on certain projects around the house.  This week - no bows -  I did make an afghan.  
 It's hard to think I've been living here less than 2 months.  And with the push to get Kennybrook up and running, a family wedding, several rounds of company, and an extra dog for a couple weeks, 
we've put off getting a start on any big projects.
That time has ended.


So here is a glimpse of how the house does look:




We are in the middle of a remodel.  New floor and paint for this room.  Plus a closet has been removed.  I had things torn apart - though not quite this torn apart -on Friday when my SIL called and asked if we would host a sibling get-together on Saturday - if she could get the others to sign on.  
Bien sur, I replied.  Well, I probably said "sure" or something like that, but for a post "bien sur" always sounds so much better
Sign on they did, so about noon on Saturday everything went back to its place.
No point in rearranging until I knew for sure they were coming, n'est-ce pas?
Tim cooked.  They arrived.  And we had a great time.

Sunday meant everything was moved again.  And somewhere in all this Naphtali called to say that she and Aidan might be down this weekend.  Might be.  
As of yesterday afternoon - will be.  
And we'll have a great time.


We - Tim - built our first fire Sunday night.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hmmm...I left a comment yesterday, but it didn't show up. I said something like, "And you made an afghan in the middle of all of this? Mis respetos which in Spanish means, "I stand in awe."

ilona said...

It was very simple - just backwards and forwards down the line. Wait til you see the quilt I want to have ready for Christmas - at that point I will accept any and all compliments (and awe)