29 November, 2011

Musings

It's been a tough year for our families.  Thankfully, at least according to the calendar, it's drawing to a close.

We each have some unfinished business but, voices are steadier.  
Outlooks are changing.  Plans are taking shape.
It seems as though the worst is passed.
I hope so - for all of us.

Today the sun is shining.  I do love winter's sunshine.

In the interest of fresh starts, there are four new stockings
hung by the chimney with care.
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the fireplace?



Next week I'll put a package in the mail for Jacob and Amy, in Portland.
I'll head to Minneapolis for a few days with Naphtali and Aidan.
The semester will end.
Plans will be finalized for family gatherings over Christmas.
In a few short weeks, projects around the house will be finished and
family that can, will gather - somewhere.

Snow will probably fall.

Each of us will deal with the times and our circumstances
as best we can.
We'll talk - compare notes - listen.

I imagine we'll hum snippets of Christmas carols, bake cookies, wrap packages and
enjoy the winter's sunshine.

No comments: