10 August, 2012

The view from my hammock

This will tie together eventually - just stay with me!

I enjoy lolling in the hammock on our deck.
With this summer's heat my opportunities have been few
 and mainly limited to around 8AM 
- a time when I normally feel the need to be productive.

I have a variety of decorative geegaws hanging from the lower branches of the tree
which give me a certain satisfied, jackdaw-like pleasure.
A chandelier, 
several small bottles, 
a couple of wire/beaded stars, 
glass balls
you get the idea...

I also enjoy Pinterest but don't want to be one who only gathers other people's ideas.
I actually want to try some of the beautiful/interesting/possible
 things I see posted.

The other day I saw this:

and knew that I wanted one hanging from my tree.

So I gathered my supplies:

a pan and silicon mold from the Dollar Tree
and a bag of $2.99 beads from Hobby Lobby.


20 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees.  
If your timing is good, you can use a toothpick to make the hole
 for hanging while the plastic is still warm.
Otherwise wait until it cools/hardens (about 10 minutes)
 and use a drill.

Can you spot it?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Because of you, I figured out what was wrong with my site. Will be posting soon.

Congrats on completing your degree. I am assuming with a 4.0, right? Feel free to brag.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I have no idea why I am anonymous. Looks like more work ahead to correct this. It must be close to siesta time...

ilona said...

There has been more work needed here, too. I'll look forward to current news on your site.

Valerie said...

I think I turned off the verification process.

Valerie said...

I am glad to see you did the same!

On Second Street said...

looks nice mom. congrats on finishing school and maintaining that 4.0. nice to see you blogging again, and it inspired me to get back on as well.