11 April, 2013

You Have to Laugh

I brought this book home from the library recently:

Overdressed
The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion
by Elizabeth L. Cline.
 
Of course, the next day,
JCP had a flier in my mailbox promising
everything I need for summer
for $20 or less.
 
I already shared the opinion
(and have tried to be responsible in my attitudes and consumption)
that there was something amiss in
the way clothing is
 perceived,
marketed,
produced
 and/or procured
so it won't be a life-changing read.
 
 
One comment, on page nine of the introduction, elicited
a "Seriously!?" when I read Ms. Cline's
earnest exhortation to
"...develop more of a relationship with the things we wear."
 
While I understand, and agree with the
basic premise,
I couldn't help but think that I have
family/neighbors/co-workers
with whom I need to develop relationships!
Please don't add my wardrobe to that category!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: