01 June, 2013

Close Shave

I almost broke the thread of haiku
last night.
Not because I was gone,
busy,
or had experienced a breakdown
of technology.
No, I simply lost track of time!
 
Tim was on a field trip.
He'd taken a couple guys to North Platte
 to see the train yard.
They were delighted.
Said it was everything
 - and more -
they could have expected.
 
I had to work this morning which
normally sends me to
bed at a very reasonable hour on a Friday night.
 
I was on the phone with my mother around 8:00.
Finished with her and picked up
the book I've been trying to finish,
intending to read for maybe an hour.
Maybe a little longer...
But the next thing I knew the clock said
11:45!!
My first thought was that the alarm was going
to ring awfully early the next morning.
Then I remembered there had been
no poem posted for the day!!
 
Yikes!!
I put something together - just made it.
The time stamp says 11:56.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Definitely a close call. So glad Tim's field trip was a success. Let's hope the other family field trip is equally successful.