22 July, 2013

Monday Morning

We had some rain yesterday.
There could be more today.
It would be good to have a nice rain
but this time of year it tends to come as a
hard, fast storm.
 
Another round of moisture should
be enough to bring the
green beans to eating size.
 
Last night Tim grilled:
 potatoes
from the garden
with mushrooms and onions
and
shrimp in the shells.
Delicious.
 
Today it's back to routines:
laundry
gym
sanding.
 
They've upped the ante
at the gym.  I come home tired
in the way I was tired during the first
few weeks when everything
was new and
challenging.
 


 
We're starting week seven
- three to go -
so here are three things I've learned:
 
hunger and boredom
are not synonymous
 
I can, in fact, push my body
further
harder
longer
than my mind thinks possible
 
tiger balm and ibuprofen
do me more good before class than after.
 
 
 

No comments: