22 October, 2013

Ya Gotta love it!

For as long as I can remember
any occasion involving gifts
generally includes  a conversation
with Naphtali along these lines:
 
N - I got your present today.  Do you want to open it?
Me - No, I'll wait.
N - I found it at a little shop downtown,
it's gorgeous.  Do you want to open it?
Me - It's only a week - I'll wait.
N -You're really going to like it. 
Do you want me to tell you what it is?
Me - Really, I'm happy to wait.
 
Honestly, that routine is aired
several times each year.
 
When I arrived on Thursday afternoon
one of the first things she said to me was that
she had put my birthday present in my room.
With that in mind I should be excused
for taking a peek, right?
 
 
I did peek - it was only a bag - and
found four beautiful fabric bundles with
tags that didn't help me identify them.
 
 
So I commented on the beautiful fabric
- said thank you -
and asked if they are bath towels.
 
You guessed it:
Mom!  Those are for your birthday!
You weren't supposed to look yet!
 
Naphtali is a very generous gift-giver.
She loves to give, and
she loves the search for something special.
 
 
I think she scored, again,
with lovely foutas for my bathroom.

 
 
 
 
 


No comments: